Your primary role:
You will, together with your team, manage the day-to-day activities of the warehouse to ensure a successful, profitable and productive operation with a high standard towards quality and people management. You will work in a continuously changing environment and will make sure that your operation is resistant to implementations, projects and other changes.
- Recruit, train, coach, develop and deploy your staff as efficient as possible
- Utilize your resources efficiently to improve or maximize productivity
- Create a culture of high quality and ownership within your team
- Set Key objectives for your direct reports
- Safety, your number 1 priority within your operation.
- Manage budget and operational costs
- Optimize and review all the contract operations, with specific regard to the contractual agreements with our clients.
- Implement best practices, policies, quality programs, …
- Implement and review operational KPI's to measure efficiency, productivity and costs
- First point of contact for your clients
- Set up the necessary actions with business development and customer service
- In collaboration with the general management: Contract negotiations and ensure effectiveness in cost management
- Continuous improvement: Develop and start projects
- Participate in project groups on automation, quality or process improvements
- Coördinate local projects
- Bachelor or Master degree in a logistics or business related field or equal by experience
- Min. 5 year management experience in a logistic (warehousing) environment
- You have experience with complex, warehouse related IT systems and preferably experience implementing new systems.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Commercial experience is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and ability to perform a wide range of duties
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making
Do you see yourself in this position?