At DHL people mean the world to us. That's why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Global Forwarding is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
DHL Same Day is a 24x7x365 expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding. Temperature Management Solutions is the support center for DGF temperature-controlled pharma shipments globally. Our combined team provides an array of specialized products and services to meet our customer's most unique needs. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Global Head of GxP Compliance. The location for this role is flexible within Europe.
• Leads and engages the DHL Temperature Management GXP Compliance team.
• Manages CEIV and GxP compliance within the DGF network.
• Acts as the quality assurance body of the DHL Air Thermonet/GxP network, managing the DHL Thermonet GDP Guidelines and Best practices and leading the certification and re-certification of the DHL Air Thermonet/GxP stations.
• Drive CEIV/IATA certifications to key stations in DGF network.
• Promotes the exchange and adoption of GDP Best Practices within the organization to leverage collective learning and to improve consistency and productivity.
• Ensures regular internal audits of the DGF Temperature Management Solutions central team and to provide support in the successful handling of customer audits, ensuring a detailed preparation as well as a close follow-up of any/all findings & observations.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge in the area of global and local pharmaceutical regulatory compliance (cGxP) and apply it to DHL Air Thermonet/GxP station network's further enhancement and global standardization.
• Engages with regulatory governing or influencing bodies (i.e. PDA, IATA etc.) to ensure DHL Temperature Management Solutions industry relevance and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for change control for DHL Temperature Management Solutions including the evaluation the effect and risks of change, ensuring that the planning, coordination and implementation of a change are carried out in an efficient and safe manner.
• Supports in continuous training and knowledge of the DHL Air Thermonet/GxP network and internal teams on quality procedures and regulatory developments.
• Supports quality & life sciences product managers at DHL Air Thermonet/GxP stations, regionally, and globally region in developing and standardizing life science specific cold chain offering as part of DHL Thermonet including training and onsite support.
• Ensures on-going compliance of station network within region and identifies deviations, improvement in internal controls, and development of corrective and preventative measures to address deficiencies (continuous improvement) to improve handling of temperature sensitive life sciences shipments.
• Responsible for GxP Supplier Management, supporting GxP performance and compliance within the DGF network, including the implementation and management of Quality Agreements and qualification of strategic partner for the handling of temperature sensitive life sciences shipments.
• Ensures audits of the preferred life sciences carriers are scheduled and conducted as planned, evaluating airport facilities used by the airline as well as the processes in place for airfreight transportation, with a focus on temperature controlled life sciences products.
• Manages official engagement with carriers for life sciences such as airport assessments, creation or adjustment of processes or procedures and strategic meetings, in close cooperation with AFR NCM.
• Maintains professional and effective communications with key customers, internal departments, DGF stations, forwarders, airlines, and other partners.
• Drives and implements process automation for DGF network with TMS central team support.
• Represents DGF as Compliance lead during customer audits, inclusive of follow up to findings.
• Maintains the close cooperation and relationship management of DGF Temperature Management Solutions partners, fostering a close collaboration with all involved partners and suppliers (internal and external).
• Supports development and maintenance of customer relationships that contribute positively to DGF Temperature Management Solutions revenue and profitability working closely with all departments.
• Actively promotes and encourages company-wide involvement in service improvement, performance monitoring, standard-setting initiatives.
• Fosters a 'can do' culture where individuals and teams raise their productivity and effectiveness.
• Contributes to DHL Same Day and Temperature Management Solutions goals, revenue, profit, quality, customer satisfaction.
• Champions standard quality tools, including First Choice initiative for continues improvement
• Reviews station capabilities and infrastructure as it aligns with market demands to expand cool room facilities based on lane trends.
• Maintains infrastructure database of DGF network cool room facilities and capabilities.
• +10 years of experience in quality, audit, operations, key account management performance and proven operational & quality leadership experiences in the logistics field (preferably in the Life Science vertical market).
• Strong track records in customer driven projects and activities working with multiple stakeholders under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
• Self-starting, independent and yet team-oriented, customer driven spirit, flexible with hours.
• Demonstrated project management experience, focus on delivering solutions and results, creativity in finding new and better alternatives.
• Ability to work under pressure and help a team accomplish key deliverables in an environment of multiple – sometimes conflicting – priorities.
• Excellent ability to maintain constructive working relationships across the organization, high attention to detail and focus on quality
• Very strong service orientation, excellent interpersonal skills, good conflict management and negotiation skills
• Strong project management, analytical, problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
• Any experience in pharmaceutical quality, airline and/or forwarding industry is beneficial.
• Competent with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email software.
• Fluent in English with excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Multilingual skills strongly preferred.
• College required or +10 years industry experience.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions. If you do not have one readily available, please visit http://dhl-resumebuilder.com/ to create the necessary documentation. This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.